JarToExeJni and JarToExeProc
JarToExe is a lightweight and easy-to-use application designed to convert Java .jar files (.jar archives) into executable for Windows (.exe files).
JarToExeJni and JarToExeProc features:
- Easy to use
- Free to use, without restriction
- Fast speed for both conversion process and for executing the generated exes
- No temporary file is created: while executing the generated exe and while converting the jar to exe (while using JarToExe)
- Small generated exe: will add only ~8 KB to the original file
- New from v2 to later: ability to distribute the jdk/jre with the program
JarToExeJni and JarToExeProc - these convertors themself (not generated exe files) require .Net Framework 2.0 (or better) to run!
For generated executables (.exe extension) if you choose to not include the Java Jdk/Jre with the program for both (JarToExeJni and JarToExeProc) the JDK (Java Development Kit) or the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) has to be installed locally in order to be able to execute generated exes.
What's the difference between JarToExeJni and JarToExeProc?
The way they execute the jar archive, JarToExeProc use CreateProcess Api (will create a new process) while JarToExeJni will use Java Native Interface (Jni) and will not create any process.
Generated executables with JarToExeJni will work only with 32 bits (x86) jdk(s)/jre(s), it will ignore the 64 bits (x64) jdk(s)/jre(s) you have instaled.
Generated executables with JarToExeProc will work with any x32 or x64 version of jdk/jre you have instaled.
News & events
Finally a website for JarToExe was created. This is my second website I create. My first website contained only text and some links. I am not yet a web designer expert.